Thursday, December 8, 2011

Portfolio Showcase

Today, I attended the Portfolio Showcase in Park Center. I wanted to go and support my fellow peers that I have gotten to know over the past 4 years at Cortland. It sounds crazy to say that I have known these people for the last 4 years of my life. We were all complete strangers and have bonded together because of our profession: Physical Education. We all share similar beliefs and get along because we have made this journey together at Cortland. I don't think many people can say that when they went to college they made so many friends just in their major. Our graduating class is one of the brightest and I will cherish all the friendships I have made during my college career in my classes. The physical education program at Cortland is such a tight-knit program where you are in classes with your fellow peers, interacting with them every day. I have the utmost respect for all my peers, especially those individuals that made it into the showcase. First, I noticed that my friend Gillian Garzia made it into the showcase. I have known Gillian since freshman year; we went through COR 101 together and ever since then I have noticed she has worked diligently to where she is today. I asked her a few questions about her portfolio and she said she worked on it all throughout Thanksgiving break. She is very active in her sorority and she has many certificates in her Professional Development section that highlights what committees she has served on in her sorority. We had many of the same artifacts in our portfolios and she really thought all of her reflections through. I have also known Aly Case since freshman year and I have the utmost respect for her as well. Her portfolio was filled with certificates from her position as an RA in the residence halls as well as honors for getting on the Dean's List and attending the mini and state conferences. What I also enjoyed about her portfolio is that she had many pictures from when she went to Raquette Lake this summer. It gave me an insight about her trip and the friends she made this summer. She told me she was very proud of her professional development section because she has worked so hard in her 4 years at Cortland and she believes that it has all paid off. I was also impressed at Ben's online Portfolio. I enjoyed the fact that Ben had music with his portfolio and that it is accessible online. This is great when you go to a job interview because you can leave your website with the panel that is interviewing you and they can look at your portfolio whenever they want. I noticed that Ben had a  plethora of teaching pictures of himself. That is something that I want to refine in my portfolio to make it better. When I am student teaching, this is a time to refine my portfolio and make it even better than it is now. I have many goals for making my portfolio better and that is just one of my many goals. I took a few pictures at the showcase that I will post in my blog. It was a great time and I congratulate all of my fellow classmates for making it this far!

 Gillian with her portfolio

Professional Memberships in Alyson Case's Portfolio

Ben's online portfolio

Rich speaking about his portfolio

 Ben's online portfolio from another view

No comments:

Post a Comment